Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Harry Potter Package


Kimberly
Harry Potter Missionary Package Idea
Things needed:
Box to mail package 
Brown lunch bags 
Raffia
gluesticks
packaging tape 
scissors
card stock jewel tones:
blue
green
maroon
yellow 
black
silver
bronze
treats to put in bags

     


I first went to post office and got a if it fits it ships box.  Then I went to Joann's and got scrapbook paper in yellow, maroon, blue, green, silver, bronze and black. I cut one color for each house to fit the flap, then I cut the complimentary color in strips to go over the first piece to give allusion of stripes. We love Gryfinnidor and Slytherin the best so we made those the big flaps.  We used glue sticks to stick paper onto flaps.



I went to goggle images and found the house emblems.  I copied and printed then cut around the emblem.  I mounted them on left over paper. I used packaging tape to tape emblems on flaps.  Here is link hp-badge.jpg.





Next I copied Dumbledores quotes and cut them out and mounted them on leftover paper. I taped them on with packaging tape. Here is the dumbledore quotes link  harry-potterish.jpg









I got the stuff for inside packages.  I bought the chocolate frog and Harry Potter talking ornament from Hallmark store. I bought carmel apple pops for sugar quill lollipops, Sour gummy worms for jelly slugs, peppermint altoids for pepper imps, snitch truffles are the lindor carmel truffles, cockroach lusters are giradel garlic rye chips(Taylor's favorite) and Treacle tarts are dark chcolate covered Acai berries.  I made homemade pumpkin bread for pumpkin pasties . You can substitute other things for the treats.  I used brown lunch bag and glued the labels on and tied raffia around the top then cut off extra bag at top. Here is treat label link   Download Candy Labels Here.  And here is the second set of labels link  here.






I typed up a message saying Taylor has been sorted and placed in the house of Lousiville, Kentucky Mission.  I glued that on flap nest to gryffindor.  Then I typed I solemnly swear Taylor is up to much good!  Then Mission Managed!  Those are quotes from the books with personal changes.  I glued that on Slytherin Flap because of mischief. 



   Then I wrote a letter telling her how much I love her.  I said PS this is opposite of a howler.  I rolled it up and tied with raffia and wrote a tag that said howler for Sister Patterson.  




I wrote on outside of box miscellaneous qoutes from movie in sharpie. 

6 comments:

  1. Amazing. I will have to copy this when my daughter leaves. She is a huge HP fan. Nice job, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much I am just getting ready to send my third and final missionary out and I have been worried I wouldn't be able to come up with anything that would be fun, original (from the ones he has seen me send to his older brother and sister. This is so perfect for him. I am even hoping I can actually understand how click on those examples so I can have them print and put them on. Without those it wouldn't be near as cute and would look just thrown together. So thanks again any mistakes I make will be my own! So appreciate you sharing your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me what the Ravenclaw quote is? I can't see it in the picture. Thanks! Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    My son Max is 26 years old and is reading the Potter series again for the 3rd time. He is planning a move home after living on the East coast for 3 years in November. I am making him this for his last care package from his mama. Thank you so much for the inspiration! Miss you much!! liz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this idea so much! Whoever came up with this is a genius! Perfect gift to mail cause Corona limits a lot of gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute. My son and his gf just had a gender reveal of HP theme and will carry over as the baby shower. This will be good as a memory box .

    ReplyDelete